Thursday, April 8, 2010

Orthopedic Shoes For Clubfoot

Jedi-Con 2010 - Star Wars Rocks! (03.-05.04.2010)



Even though I of the actual program mitbekam little or nothing, it was the best convention in subjective my previous experience. But this is, just to quote someone, even only on one thing: It's about the people, not the costumes, programs and guest stars. However, there have certainly been the Stars back into one unforgettable experience, for others Vanya Gerick was a wonderful conversationalist and was delighted when he was without comparison the (still unofficial) Honorary membership of the German Base Yavin.

Con I met during the following link from Zelda, Conan the Barbarian, the (Tenth) Doctor in "Doctor Who" and a Cylon from "Battlestar Galactica". An indication that the Con is slowly spreading to other franchises? Well, maybe.



Very important: This Jedi-Con its own anthem was written. The song "Star Wars Rocks" by the band Soul Nomad ( download here). But now to the report:

third April: "If I can ..."



snapshots # 1




As always, before such a big event was preparatory sleep impossible. So I was already awake when my alarm clock rang at five. Attracted and the last things packed up, drove my group going on an hour later. This time, not taking the northern detour, we came to the morning already in Dusseldorf and at the Maritim. Everything was still in process of construction - objects, structures, costumes. So I made the stand and ran to help the Rebel Legion . Some small trips to other stands, and the remaining services were also still in there.

went from lunch there then that is really going on. Then, already dressed in my Jedi robe guests were welcomed, shown the stands, etc. They were interested so many little things, nice encounters and unexpected friendships that I cannot mention them all here. Many old acquaintances from the normal as well as virtual life gave in the course of three days a rendezvous.

special pleasure it gave me to lead on the first day a pleasant conversation with Thomas Spanos allowed to. Already on the Jedi-Con 2008 I could exchange a few words with him. This time I was in the course of the first group of photos of the 501st Legion opportunity to meet with His Majesty the Klonimperator (his costume, see gallery) to talk. A few pleasant words were exchanged and mutually photos shot. Also I surprised Thomas - approve of the "Legion Membership Officer" (costume Charge) of the 501st all new costumes must - as he received a few stress-cookies, since he regards general information including my Starkiller costume as one of the most difficult, due to the many details, which must be respected (he's right!).



In connection with Starkiller also one of my favorite moments was at the Con: When I first vorfürte costume, wanted to not only take pictures with me. No, little kids wanted autographs! With sparkling eyes and quivering lower lips she stood in front of Starkiller and have asked for an autograph (sic). Of course, the demands have been met. The kids were allowed to hold the lightsaber or complete a small exhibition fight with Darth Vader's secret apprentice, even though my sword skills are not quite as good as the original.

went with these and similar experiences of the day to end, the guests were more or decreased and eventually was the opening event of the series, which I unfortunately not paying attention to little, since I was with some friends at the fast food restaurant with the golden M had been spoken in the neighboring airport. But Saturday was only the beginning.



4th April: Super Jedi! "



snapshots # 2




began after a short night, the second day of luxury. Getting up in the air conditioned hotel rooms, pack a few things and into the pool! Swim a few laps, dry, down to breakfast in the lobby. Wonderful combinations that delight the palate and bring the spirit up in the somewhat tired body. For this second day should be "suicidal". A total of four costume changes and three students have been important meetings. The first was already the group photo of the Rebel Legion. The German Base Yavin, together with colleagues from France, Italy, UK, USA, Spain etc. Even something as complete service to then slip into the role of Starkiller, as it was, get ready for the costume contest in the afternoon ready. In the category "Solo Performance with" (I was persuaded to performance) then I took the third place! As a prize I received in addition to a certificate also the welded black and gold-framed, limited edition of the first Star Wars comic book by Dino. This nice thing, I will

concealment but not the other costume participants, because we were next to me include: Darth Krayt (Andrea from Italy), General Kenobi in The Clone Wars-style (Ian from UK), Ahsoka Tano "and friends" (acquaintances from the Order of the Force), Darth Bane in his Orbaliskenrüstung (Thomas Spanos from U.S.), a Ladies Trio from Guri, Visas Marr and Kit Fisto, General Grievous (a group project of some of the Galactic Force), an impressive Senator lap around Palpatine, etc., etc.





After the costume contest I had a few minutes for me to move back down and einzufinden, because you had to rehearse for the evening show, on which should take me too. After the usual back and forth and brief final changes that there is always started at 20:30 clock then "SUPER JEDI - The Show." This I could do in two ways: before the flat screen behind the stage or on the stage, for both German Garrison (501st Legion) and German Base Yavin (Rebel Legion) were active at the show. We had but only as extras, or helped clean things looked just fine.

The evening show began impressively with dancers and artistic feats, but in my opinion was of poor quality when it came to the Con-version of a Jedi talent show. Especially the quiz questions have been there quite jumbled. Some hard lumps were there (for example, where the corporate headquarters of Arakyd Industries) was punctuated by embarrassing or even simply wrong questions and answers (for example, would that Han and Leia only two children, Jacen and Jaina).



But the show was quite successful despite some shortcomings and to celebrate our good Contribute to the German Base Yavin then went to a small airport bar for night cap. There, we finally came together with the police - but do not worry! There were fans! We had been still in costume and were spotted by a patrol. At times we talked then with three police officers very pleasant about Star Wars, and all sorts Kostümbau. There have been photos and "exchanged arms. The morning was already broken when we got back to the hotel and the parties were still in full swing. In short, we mingled among them, but at some point but won the tiredness and so on ...



5th April: Watts, already?



snapshots # 3




... broke even on the last day. This time I felt my bones already. Thanks to a few laps in the pool a bad sore but could still be bridged. A hearty breakfast and then it went on. Once more into the costume, in part because of me were also a few professional shots done (at this point a big thanks to Bill!). Then move one last time at last "normal" clothes, though still a touch of regret that in the near future again so walk around, as always. But now I finally found time to look in a few panels, and on some actions participate.

went Following the announcement of the quiz winners on Wookieepedia, I stand with a role-playing buddy, whom I met by chance during the Con, even in the panels. Matthew Wood (the voice of General Grievous) and the double-panel by Jake Lloyd (Anakin from Episode I) and Vanya Gerick (the dubbing voice of the adult Anakin) were very interesting and entertaining. During the closing ceremony, we went even to the dismantling - and I was encouraged with a wink, but easy to raise in more detail. I would live too far away. So then began the great farewell round. Hugs, handshakes, group cuddle and shoulder blows were exchanged. Then it was the Con already over. The last boxes were packed into the car and began the journey home.

It was over so quickly ...



Links



0 comments:

Post a Comment