America exchange
So late but better than never. Our America
exchange began at 10:50 (local time) in Leinfelden-Echterdingen Airport Stuttgart. Check-in, customs, boarding ... In Paris, happened then. Across Charles de Gaulle and then customs and passport controls, via the bus runway, boarding, waiting, waiting, waiting for departure. Seats, Click, Seats (Especially alone to 18A while the window but next to an American couple and not next to nice people from our group). The food is all right, and otherwise is all quite ok.
arrived at JFK, we are all really good through the checks and have one or the other nice chat with the 'stamper'. After we had grabbed our bags, we then first again waited a while before our big cars (they were called Buses * hahaha *) arrived. Then we stowed our luggage and are sometimes set off towards the hotel. In our time rhythm 6h ahead we were all extremely tired when we arrived at 6:00 pm (local time). On our way to the hotel we heard as we drove through the streets of Manhattan, the honking of angry taxi driver and were stuck in traffic. As we were arriving at the hotel, we were all very happy, it looked all right out, at least in the lobby. The rooms were distributed and really wanted woman Mägle and Mr. Strobel take us on a tour of NYC, but as it turned out really wanted any more, except those who wanted to get to eat is what, left no one the hotel but we were all in our beds. Sarah and I moved into a room with Joan in the 23 (!) Floor.
When we entered the room was soon clear to us that the hotel was not a price worth. The rooms were relatively tiny, had a large mirror, 2 beds (originally for 4 people). It was arranged, and somehow we got our 4 suitcases (yes I had 2)
housed in the room and then we slept until 8:00 every morning.
Sunday morning. We met in the lobby, enjoy breakfast in a dinner to go. It was relatively bustling, and it was not asked about having a glass of water brought to the nose. Our table was with the food choice quite agree, because we all took a 'Egg Burrito. " Then we headed to the GROUND ZERO, what must you imagine that, it's really just a big hole in the ground and a couple of excavators drive around in it * interesting *. It was the first time that we have with the New York SUBWAY went, so it was quite funny. If ye the New York subway as our beautiful Yellow weighing imagine here in Stuttgart, then you've missed it much. There are weigh-gray, decrepit, and the construction of the tunnel is rather questionable to assign the work of engineering. So after Ground Zero, we trudged on to the departure point for the ferries to Liberty and Ellis ICELAND ICELAND. We stopped at the Liberty Iceland but we left the ferry, since we went to Ellis Iceland continue to put ourselves in the position of earlier immigrants. We were released a guide or just to walk through the museum, we decided to use the Last (if we do I write my I of course always Sarah and me and then still some others, such as in NY often Mari, Rini, Simon, Joanna, and Dino, or Ramona, Carmen, Mark and Dani (the group constellation changes in York))
on Ellis Iceland were then some pictures with the New York skyline.
After that we went back to the mainland to actually go to even the Museum of Modern Art (MoMA), but somehow this is not worked out but we had food to be time. Sarah and I joined the PMHlern Mari, Dino, Rini and Joanna, and went to 'Pick a Bagle' where I ate a very yummy and very large blueberry muffin. Then it was on 5th Avenue where we have the toy store FAO Schwarz visited the from the movie 'Home Alone in NY 'is known;).
It went back towards the hotel, after we at Tiffany & Co but no breakfast but contributed at least looked at the exhibits. To be timely in the musical but we hurried and put on only a small picture TIMES SQUARE break.
The musical was 250m from our hotel so we went entfert us not quite so warm, even though the sun had shone, it was in fact still windy and cold. But as we all reckoned that a warm theater to be found ... In the musical we were sitting near the top, but were able to actually watch all acts without inversion. But it was cold, extremely cold, we thought you were sitting in the refrigerator. But The Lion King was fantastic, just beautiful.
fell Then we go to bed tired. On Monday it
went back to the Westway Diner this time there was a 'Belgian Waffle with Banana' is also very tasty, but the waffle was very different than what I was used. I even tried 'Pancakes' but it did not taste. When everyone had finished eating and all ambiguities were clarified in the bill we went to the UN building, we passed a few skyscrapers, and the GRAND CENTRAL STATION, which was nice for a train station and clean. In the UN building we were given a guided tour, after we had passed a security check, like yesterday and the day we moved quite routinely the belt Clock, scarf and jacket, but amazingly, but all the inspectors ask for something else * lol *
The guide was moderately interesting, our guide had a strong accent, I find grad no longer what a one nationality, he had (perhaps helps Sarah me yes ;))
was eaten in a café called Metro, me and Sarah ate a healthy yogurt granola, which I personally tasted good, too. Since we had not done yesterday, we wanted to go to MoMA today and us modern art to heart. But before we made a short stop at Rockefeller Center and watched the people to skating. After spending 1 or 2hours at MoMA It went onto 5th Avenue for shopping. Oh, that the woman's heart can still beat faster). We pendent to bercrombie + Fitch, Gap and the NBA store (the only one of the world) the way we visited the TRUMPH TOWER, before the glamor has only so strozt as this apartment house has its own Starbucks and a waterfall in the lobby. We did as we were so close even a little trip to Central Park, where we said hello and the zoo animals, examined the many squirrels. Then we headed back on to get to the hotel, but we still had enough time to front the Hard Rock Café to watch over and us to buy T-shirts, etc. (I got my brown Hard Rock Cafe NY bought) Since we are for 18 : 00 had arranged to meet in the lobby to go to pizza joint, we hurried to the street to walk down to our hotel and our room to get changed to kommen.Beim pizza we got HUGE PIZZAS. I managed two pieces and unfortunately, I lost my bet with Jannick, because I said he got his pizza creates not only what he has achieved something: (so I was $ 2 poorer as a group we made our way to the Empire State. BUILDING. ran through a security check and to have some stories went up to an incredible view. Back down and in Times Square, I was thinking more with Anna and Dani a gray I heart NY sweater purchased. And then we went back to the hotel.
Tuesday. I got up at 6:00 to go jogging in Central Park, as I promised, and had Philip Hanna and Janna are persuaded. But after a third of the way we have been slack (and since we had already jogged 30 minutes) We have made it our then comfortably furnished and have run 45 minutes back. At 8:00 we met for breakfast and then we had some shopping time when our last day had arrived in NYC. We pretty much bought every one I heart NY T-shirts and postcards. Da Fia net was still in Central Park and they wanted there necessarily mean we are hingestapft and there were short, not even in there and then back again to run, because Hanna yet see a shirt wanted her was so pleased. In the shop, I then also found a T-shirt for my brother. Quickly rushed to the hotel as our room key was not valid from 12:00 and we would get our luggage out otherwise. All the stuff brought into the lobby and waited for our bus. 4 hours, we drove in a less trustworthy bus. And landed on the wrong parking lot. No one was there. Then we called and it was said we were wrong we would have to come to a house so we are driven to go there after we had been waiting for someone who is ahead of us down. It rained. And in this house were then all host Family's and so on. My Family Receptions me very warmly and we are then even though 1h arrived late but still went into the house to have another Bißle community with the other. At some point, it had been relatively empty, we went home too. I have seen my room and me with the family and the pets become familiar. I had just a half hour there and I was already shown that I use to find everything about myself. Then Britt and I went to a volleyball match in the school. There we met some friends and also her boyfriend Austin dan. Oh and of course won the YORK SUBURBAN Trjoans 3-0 against the other team. At home we have then talked more and eventually it rang and Fozzie, the dog has barked and Austin has brought us ice, Britt has made in the microwave to heat it * lol *. After a hard day I went to bed.
was the way my New York Summary.
0 comments:
Post a Comment